Want to speed up your internet ptcl broadband connection and browsing performance?you are in the right place. In this tutorial I will tells you the things related to hardware and settings of network connection by which you can increase your browsing performance up to 50%. These settings works for almost all the routers of ptcl. So lets start the steps:
• Make sure that your telephone line cable is not cut’s or joints in any places. Because it’s brings down the signal ability so if cuts and joints found in this case you will have to buy higher gage cable. According to your distance from dp to home buy that much length cable. Additional cable length brings down the signaling ability.
• Connect your computer to the ADSL router via RJ-45 cable (it always comes with modem and if you are using that than ok).
• Open your browser and type 192.168.1.1 and type your password and username (default username and password is admin for mostly routers). Do this if your Ip address of the router isn’t modified. But you don’t need to this modem is fully configured by the ptcl person on the delivery day of modem.
Now it’s time the settings in windows. It’s very easy just follow the instruction. These changes will speed up your browsing performance up to 50%.
Also read out: How to make pc faster using commands regedit
For Windows Xp users.
• See in the right side of taskbar and right click on “Network Adopter” and than click on TCP/IPv-4. Obtain Ip automatically leave this as it is . Select “Use the following DNS server addresses” and put the primary DNS value “22.214.171.124” and Secondary DNS value 126.96.36.199 and ok.
For Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users.
• Right click on the Network icon present in the right side of taskbar and click on “Open Network and Sharing”.
• Click on “change adopter settings” present in the left side of panel.
• Right click on “Local Area Connection” and select the properties.
• “This connection uses the following items”. In the list click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv-4) and than click on its properties.
• Do not touch IP address etc just do this select “Use the following DNS server addresses” and put the primary DNS value “188.8.131.52” and Secondary DNS value “184.108.40.206” and ok.
Computer system reserved 20% (default) bandwidth. We have to changed it value to “0” to make our internet connection more faster. So to do this change follow these simple instructions:
• Open your “Run” by pressing the windows + R keys or you can open it from start menu it’s doesn’t matter.
• In run type “gpedit.msc”
• In the left panel double click or click on “+” symbol left to the “Administrative Templates”.
• Now double click on “Network”
• Now single click on “QoS Packet Scheduler” and in the right panel double click on “Lamit reservable bandwidth” menu will appear.
• Make it “Enabled” and in options panel “Limited bandwidth (%):” remove the default value and put only one “0” in the field and ok.
By fixing the cables issues if found and by doing this settings will boost your internet speed up to 50%. It’s really work(How to speed up internet ptcl broadband) so enjoy your fast browsing. Now it’s time for you to support and help us to share our voice. Subscribe us and share this articles with your friends so they will also take advantage from these simple settings and boost there internet speed.